It is normal to have parts of your body that you would rather change or would like to work on like body image, but sometimes, these feelings morph into hatred and disgust. It can be very challenging to feel this way, and you should know that help is available.
When body image has become something that is negatively impacting your health, life and relationships, the team at Life Resolutions can help. We provide high-quality mental health servicesfor those experiencing low self-esteem, body image issues, and associated concerns.
Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti on Body Image
It can be easy to unconsciously compare your body to others, whether it be friends, celebrities, or social media influencers. These passing feelings are common, but if they are beginning to cause you distress, it might be time to seek help. Poor body image can lead to depression, anxiety, eating disorders and any number of physical health concerns.
Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalottiare here to ensure everyone has access to high-quality mental health support. AtLife Resolutions, we provide a range of mental health servicesfor people suffering fromlow self-esteem,eatingdisorders, depression, anxiety and more.
Knowing When to Seek Support with Life Resolutions
Remember that help is out there if you are concerned about your body image and how it might be affecting your life. Seek help if any of these issues are present for you.
- You often worry about how others see you and avoid things you would like to do because you are concerned about how you look.
- Eating and exercise are a cause of stress and concern for you, rather than something enjoyable.
- You are preoccupied with thoughts about your body or appearance.
- You would just like to talk through your feelings about body image and self-esteem.
How the Life Resolutions Team Can Help
Here at Life Resolutions, we have a team of skilled and compassionate mental health professionals ready to help you create a plan to address body image issues that works for you. This plan can include developing realistic health goals, tips to combat negative self-talk, coping with difficult feelings, and more.
Techniques Used in Improving Body Image
Your specialised Life Resolutions psychologist can help you in many ways.
- They can liaise with a doctor or a nutritionist to help you address any physical health issues and create a plan for healthy eating and exercise.
- They can help you analyse where your negative perceptions of your body originate.
- They can work with you on retraining your brain to battle negative thoughts and feelings before they begin to affect your self-esteem.
Contact the Life Resolutions Team Today
Here at Life Resolutions, we offer Telehealth services along with our face-to-face sessions so you can access mental health support at any time. If you are struggling with body image, self-esteem or any other issues,contactus to book an appointment today.
Contact Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton Life Resolutions Today
If you want to learn more about Life Resolutions, the careers of our CEO and Founder, Jodie Brenton, or our Principal Psychologist, Mary Magalotti, you can contact us here. Or, check out the Life Resolutions website to see more from Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti’sLife Resolutions work.